Posted to rec.woodworking
Evodawg Evodawg is offline

Default Harbor Freight Multi-tool WOW!

mac davis wrote:

I'd been wondering if those things really DO anything but vibrate and

was
reading all the posts when my wife tells me that she and a neighbor are
going to the States Thursday on a shopping trip..
Hmmm... Yuma has a small HF!

So I give her a page out of readers digest with all the coupons, tell

her
that I'll try the basic one for $34 before I consider the $80 VS model..

Good news: They had them in stock and even with the straight blade that

it
comes with, I'm flat amazed how well it cuts!

Bad news: Shy happens to mention that "I almost called you about the
variable speed one, but you said you wanted the cheap one"..
Turns out that IT was on sale for $49, so for another $15 I could have

had
the newer model.. arggg

Anyway, all I've done with it so far is some plunge cuts in pine 1 x 4
scraps, but I'm really impressed.. She watched me unpack it and put a
blade on and neither one of us thought it would even cut.. Hell, it

looks
just like my HF detail sander...

I'd recommend this tool to anyone that can afford it.. Just don't see

how
you can go wrong at $34..

OH.. she also bought 3 different blades for it, since I gave her a 20%

off
coupon.. Cool!

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Had mine for a year now and it's still going strong, and I use it at least
3 times a week for, cutting drywall for electrical outlets, cutting
baseboard when replacing with wider door casing, removing tile grout and
many other uses I can't think of now. I would suggest using the Dremel or
Bosch blades available at most of your Big Box stores. Those blades fit my
older model, not sure about the new one.
--
You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK !