Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default OT - The Slippery Nature of Secrets -- The shah wasn't supposed to fall; Iraq's WMD were supposed to be a 'slam dunk.'

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:58:53 -0500, the infamous Joseph Gwinn
scrawled the following:

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 09:42:47 -0500, the infamous Joseph Gwinn
scrawled the following:

The title tells it all.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...70230934681388
.ht
ml?m
od=WSJ_Opinion_LEFTTopOpinion

The Wall Street Journal, 25 February 2010.

Joe Gwinn

PS: If the URL doesn't work, be sure that you got it all despite line
wrapping.

Would you do us a favor and use a URL shortener in your browser? Lots
of us follow and it's a PITA to try to get all the text from wrapped
lines every tie. Why your posts don't stay whole I don't know, Joe.
The works for most everyone else's posts. shrug

Well, it's a mystery.. Maybe tinyurl.

I figured out what it is. Your damned MAC symbols aren't as robust as
M$ Windoze symbols. Do they make Boost for MACs?

Symbols? Aren't these all in a standard ISO character set? This does not vary
by platform type.

Which symbol sets work and which do not work for you? The newsreader can be
told which set to use.

What does "Boost" do? (The name is too common a word to google for.)

I'm also running into a non-technical problem - the WSJ seems to now be putting
stuff I used to post pointers to behind a paywall. I recall an article quoting
Robert Murdock (who owns the WSJ) saying that they (the newspapers) could not go
on giving content away. So we may be seeing implementation of a new policy.
I'll be digging.

Joe Gwinn