Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Snow Cover On Roof Provides Wind Protection?

wrote in news:nv3fo5h8jhn9820pgtk8e8tomov8ivd683@
4ax.com:

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 20:01:14 -0500, willshak
wrote:

* U S * wrote the following:
Huh?

Gusts to 70 mph expected. Weather guy said that snow on roof will
lessen chances of shingles (asphalt, in my case) being lifted. Any
truth to this statement?

Is your snow heavy? Mine is.I doubt whether much snow will be blown off
the roof unless there are constant high wind speeds.
Worse yet is that we have a travel restriction in effect. All
non-emergency travel is prohibited.

How do they define "emergency"? I always wondered about that.
To me, running out of cigarettes is an emergency, and I will go to the
store under any conditions to get them, 24/7/365. I can guarantee
that law enforcement persons do not want to deal with me when I am
having a nicotine fit. (or anyone else).

Don't forget m&m's and beef jerky while you're there.

In your case, it sounds like getting gas is an emergency. Not as
serious as my need for cigarettes, but still an emergency.

On the other hand, I prepare for things like this. I always keep cans
of gasoline on hand, as well as food, and most importantly, a few
cartons of cigarettes. A person never knows when there will be a
disaster, so it's best to prepare ahead of time.

My power went out earlier, but I have a generator running but not much
gasoline left.
I was going to go get some in my 4x4 truck but I can't now with the
travel restriction.
Damn those anti-siphon gas tanks.