Posted to uk.d-i-y
RobertL RobertL is offline

Default wall hung bogs - what height?

On Feb 25, 1:39*pm, Andrew May wrote:
RobertL wrote:
On Feb 25, 11:05 am, JimK wrote:
On Feb 24, 6:34 pm, John Rumm wrote:

Access to the cistern behind the stud wall was via the large rectangular
push button contraption for flushing.
ah is that why they're so large! are there options to use smaller
"button" setups? (with alternative cistern access arrangements of
course!)

Cheers
JimK

Yes, you can fit a much smaller butto nas long as you allow access
some other way. * The design of cistern is different though, I think.
So you need to choose in advance.

A slight divergence but still on the subject of flush buttons. I have
never conclusively worked out which of a two button system provides a
large flush and which a small flush.

As I see it, it could be either:

1) Large button for large flush small button for small flush.

2) Large button for the most commonly used (small flush) and you have to
negotiate the smaller button if you want to use more water. Thus, saving
water by default.

On the Grohe one we have it appears that the small button gives a
small flush and the big button gives a bigger and adjustable flush
which goes on for as long as you hold the button in (or until the tank
empties).

it may be my imagination, but these air-actuated flushes seem to last
much longer without going wrong, perhaps because they are not strained
by over-enthusiiatic users cranking the handle too hard.

Robert