Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default How to abuse 1 3/4 HP bandsaw (0/1)

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 15:02:31 -0600, Chris Friesen wrote:

On 02/24/2010 02:36 PM, Roy wrote:
Jeez. I thought I knew how to abuse a BS. I stand in awe since mine is only a 1hp. If you've got
your heart medication handy, you might want to price a carbide blade for doing things like this.
What's it like when you buck it with a chain saw? Sharpen every third cut?

Currently there's a pretty good deal on carbide bandsaw blades. Check
Sawmill Creek and/or Woodnet.

Chris

Chris, I don't know how much a "good deal" on them would be, but there's a limit
on how much I'll spend on a 5 year old saw that was $300 when I got it..
I'm surprised that I haven't killed it yet..lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing