Posted to alt.home.repair
Wayne Whitney Wayne Whitney is offline

Default Drywall 9' walls

On 2010-02-24, Tony wrote:

I've been close to asking a similar question. my garage ceiling is
about 9' 6" and was gong to ask about 10' drywall cut down and hung
vertically. I would think the taping would be a breeze with all
beveled seams instead of the butt joints? What am I missing?

I don't have any direct experience, but I think the idea is that while
taping, it is much easier to walk along a horizontal joint than a
vertical joint. For a 4' vertical butt joint, you can probably reach
the whole joint from a single location, while for a 9'6" vertical
joint, you'd have to move up and down a ladder repeatedly.

Cheers,
Wayne