Posted to uk.d-i-y
JimK[_2_] JimK[_2_] is offline

Default wall hung bogs - what height?

On 24 Feb, 17:26, RobertL wrote:
On 24 Feb, 15:46, JimK wrote:

bogs hung on wall hung frames to be precise -

Some of these bogs seem a bit tall (365mm) to hang clear of the floor
for easy cleaning (major selling point), whilst still being at a
"normal" height for actual usage (385mm say) .....or am I seeing this
wrong?

anyone got/fitted 1 or more? experiences? ideas, pointers?

Cheers
JimK

We used the Grohe frame (with access to cistern via the push button
panel) and Roca bog. It's 400mm off the floor at the seat and 100mm
clearance underneath. It funcitons very well.

The Grohe frame was great, very well made and strightforward to fit.
However the plumber competely failed to read the instructions
(ignoring both the hieght adjustment and the special ver ysolid
fixings for the wall) and if we had not complained woud have left it
about 20mm off the floor and hanging on by two small woodscrews ready
to break loose a few months later.

Robert

any source in particular for best deals?
I'm looking on ebay at a Macdee dual flush 0.82 frame £155 and some
bog or other from another ebayer £150odd (I've used em before but they
have no low frames - doh!)

cheers
JimK