Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave H.[_2_] Dave H.[_2_] is offline

Default Tarnow lathes?

Anyone run into one of these? (bet you barked your shins if you did...)

Done a good G**gle on them, found the manufacturer's site, seems they still
make machine tools (but all my enquiry emails bounce back from their
server...), one I'm looking at (remotely, 8-hour drive away, longer towing
2&1/2 tons of machinery) is a 32cm swing (about 12-13") 100cm (about 40")
between centres *possibly toolroom* lathe from the 60's, wondered if anyone
knew anything of 'em? The guy's after scrap-by-weight value for it, but
thinks it's too good to melt down, says it's just too big for his shop! Not
a lot of tooling with it (maybe just a 3-jaw), apart from what looks like a
taper-turning attachment?

Thanks,
Dave H.
--
(The engineer formerly known as Homeless)

"Rules are for the obedience of fools, and the guidance of wise men" -
Douglas Bader