Swingman

Default Granite table top advice

The damn granite is SWMBO's, not mine, and has been leaning against the wall
behind my miter saw for almost three years ... it would be par for the
course for me to break it now.

I took it out yesterday, laid it on a piece of contractor's paper and traced
the outline so I could use the paper as a template for measuring, etc, then
I put it back, all within view of SWMBO. No fear ... I am not going to so
much as touch it unless she's there.

Although I am a wee bit concerned about the 'support' surface area for the
granite if using the cleat idea, the nice thing about not using a full blown
substrate to glue it to is that if it does break at some point I can just
build a wooden top and still have a nice table.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

"Mark Jerde" wrote in message
Swingman wrote:

That said, I am actively seeking other ideas/experiences.

Be careful moving it. I broke the corner of a piece I had. :-(

-- Mark