Posted to rec.woodworking
GROVER GROVER is offline

Default What's the Miter with You? Square your Miter Gauge!

On Feb 21, 1:43*pm, -MIKE- wrote:
We ought to be looking for horses
not zebras.

Joe G

Wow, ok..... never heard that one. * Enlighten me, please.

--

* -MIKE-

* "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
* * *--Elvin Jones *(1927-2004)
* --
*http://mikedrums.com
*
* ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

What I meant with the horses/zebra analogy was that the simpler method
of alignment, ie inverting the miter gauge in the miter slot and then
locking the gauge against the front edge of the table saw might do a
better job that the dial indicator method which is more elegant. The
more parts involved in the solution allows for a greater possibility
of error. (An example of Murphy's Law).
The reference to Occam's Razor is proof that many of this NGs
contributors are pretty smart.

Joe G