Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair
krw[_5_] krw[_5_] is offline

Default 90 amps for electric car charge!

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 01:52:50 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

krw wrote:

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 19:18:56 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

krw wrote:

Out electric rates (city owned electric company) are pretty
reasonable, though I admit I haven't checked the area outside the
city. We're paying under $.10/kWh, which certainly can't be double.
Our highest bill this winter, a cold one, was about $175.

Florida brags about no state income tax, but hopes that you don't
notice the thousands of other taxes they use to replace it.

The income tax isn't outrageous, and property tax here is cheap. They
do have a real PITA sales tax, though (8%, 10% in Montgomery, but who
would spend money there?).

Sales tax is 6% right now. It keeps changing. My property taxes are
about $700 per year. They went up quite a bit over the last 10 years,
even with the so called 'Homestead Exemption' and '$5,000 'Disability
Exemption' The actual property taxes are low, but they add a lot of
fees which adds over $400 to the annual bill.

My taxes are $1500, with no "fees" other than services (electric,
garbage, water) for a 2600sq.ft. 3-1/2 bath new house. The taxes here
do include a 50% homestead exemption so they do try to rape those with
second homes.