Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default What's the Miter with You? Square your Miter Gauge!

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 08:34:20 -0800 (PST), Father Haskell
wrote:

This presumes that the blade is aligned dead on with the
miter slot.

That said, I've always wondered if there was any practical way to
align a blade to the miter slot if they were not parallel from the get
go? ~ Unless of course, there was some type of adjustment built into
the arbour shaft of the saw, something I've admittedly never
investigated.

The only two ways I can envision to fix such a problem would be to
shim the blade in the arbour or possibly to sand/grind the miter slot
so that it was parallel. Both these methods would be quite difficult
to accomplish properly in my opinion.