Posted to rec.woodworking
Garagewoodworks Garagewoodworks is offline

Default What's the Miter with You? Square your Miter Gauge!

On Feb 21, 11:34*am, Father Haskell wrote:
On Feb 21, 10:27*am, GarageWoodworks
wrote:

A quick and accurate method to square your miter gauge:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php

I know I have started threads in the past that describe this method,
but I finally put it in a video. *If a picture speaks a thousand
words... * Yeah, I know, there are dozens of methods for doing this
and that the 'old dogs' that use a square pushed against the blade and
the miter gauge will never change but...

Enjoy

---www.garagewoodworks.com

This presumes that the blade is aligned dead on with the
miter slot.

Yes. Mine is dead-on. I use a TS-aligner Jr for that.

*It would also help to have an extension fence attached
to the miter gauge face, for the same reason that you use a
#8 to joint an edge instead of a block plane.

I used that gauge for video purposes only. I use an Osborne EB3
normally.

That said, I now have another use for my indicator and my
18" Starrett combo square.