Posted to uk.d-i-y
Usenet Nutter Usenet Nutter is offline

Default Is planning control normally involved in the replacement of a boiler? Sorry, long post.

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 20:39:21 -0000, "Nick"
wrote:

Good evening to all,

my mum's oil fired boiler needs renewing. She is elderly and registered
blind. I live 4 hours travel away.
Gas is not available where she lives.
I will be paying the costs for the new installation and thus would like to
be kept informed.
Existing 15yo boiler is 50K btu and, frankly, on its last legs.
A locally recommended heating engineer has been invited to quote. I find his
statements bewildering and he refuses to speak with me.
Please excuse me, this may be long, but I (no spring chicken) am struggling
to understand:

Long Post Snipped

Is all the bit you wrote with dates from letters the fitter sent you
or transcript of phone calls . as there are parts that totally confuse
me ..Thought you said he refused to speak to you ? If that's the
case I'd be inclined to go somewhere else