Harvey Van Sickle

Default Electrics and Expandable foam

On 21 Oct 2003, ARWadsworth wrote

" Firstly I would advise you to avoid this 'electrician' like
the
plague as he's obviously trying to make money out of you - the
'whole days job' tale is just ridiculous.

It does sound a bit generous -- from a diy perspective, I'd have
thought that 3 hours or so would do for lifting the upstairs
floorboards;

My number one hated job. Have you tried lifting a "floorboard" in
a new house?

Ah: no, I haven't. The newest house of the 5 I've owned was built in
the 1930s.

What makes it a tougher job in new houses?

(I though they used sheet material, which I've generally found simpler
to lift than traditional floorboards.)

--
Cheers,
Harvey