Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Making a 70.6 cut on miter saw

"Tom Dacon" wrote in message
snip

There it is. I hope this helps a bit. I don't have trig right at my
fingertips any more either, even though I've used it a lot in my lifetime,
and sometimes I have to bumble around a little to remember what I need to
do to solve a problem, but this part of it - the tangent - the rise and
the run - is easy to remember and really pays its way.

Hope this helps,
Tom Dacon

"Typically " an explanation like this is not one of repeated practiced
experience, more so a repeat of something published. Those that have done
this time and again realize that it is not a complicated feat and that
knowing how to place the material on the machine accomplishs correct results
in "much" less time than it takes to explain.