Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner Steve Turner is offline

Default Making a 70.6 cut on miter saw

On 02/19/2010 07:45 AM, Robatoy wrote:
On Feb 19, 8:09 am, wrote:
"Tom wrote in message

diainc...

wrote in message

"Tom wrote in message

I'll ask this again,,, can yo actually set your miter gauge to 70.6
degrees?

Come on, Leon. Stop trying to be cute. He sets his miter guage at 19.4
degrees. Jeez.

Tom

And he ends up with a miter at 19.4 degrees. He needs 70.6 degrees. The
cut needs to be more towards a rip rather than closer to a cross cut. DOH!

Another way to explain is this:
Your blade is 90 degrees relative to your fence, right?
Now subtract 19.4 degrees. Whatcha got now?

i know, I know, LOL

Well ya cornfused me on that one, Bubba. I'm pretty sure the blade is 0 degrees relative to
the fence, at least that's the way it appears on MY table saw.

--
"Once upon a time, The END."
To reply, eat the taco.