Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
daestrom[_2_] daestrom[_2_] is offline

Default 45-degree diagonal cutters?

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
life imitates life wrote:
On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 10:50:52 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
life imitates life wrote:
Seems you know nothing of even US suppliers.

http://www.malinco.com/

It comes in many varieties.

There is NO lock wire that is "soft steel" as you declared, you dumb
****tard. And all the dancing in the world will not allow you to achieve
escape velocity from your utter stupidity.
LOCK WIRE IS HIGH STRENGTH STAINLESS.
YOU are a goddamned retard.
So that's why they supply it made out of brass, copper, ally etc?

Again you prove that you did not read the very site you posted. They
sell wire. All kinds of wire. The only kind they sell that they refer
to as lock wire is stainless.

Sigh. Let me cut and paste the relevant bit:-

*********

Safety Lock Wire

We supply high quality safety lock wire for use in the Aerospace Industry.
Our aircraft safety lock wire conforms to ASTM, MS and AN specifications
is available in our unique handy dispensing can. Safety lockwire is
available in a wide variety of materials including: brass wire, aluminum
wire, copper wire and stainless steel wire.

*********

Now surely even you can read that? There aren't any really difficult words
in it.

OBTW, in the Navy we used a lot of lock wire made from inconel. Nuts on
bolted flanges on piping in bilges, were seawater was a corrosion
problem. The bolts/nuts/flanges were inconel, so the wire was too for
compatibility.

daestrom