Posted to rec.woodworking
kansascats kansascats is offline

Default Loose Arbor on Jet TS

Not really resolved yet. Can you feel any side to side play in your
arbor. It's easier to feel with the belts off. I clearly have .005"
of play (put the dial indicator to it). It seems like if I tightened
that right side arbor nut it would take-up the play, but getting onto
that nut is a bear. A 7/8" socket is too small. I guess that
suggests 23 (rare) or 24mm, and then it's unlikely I can clear the
walls of the spanner nut -- which means likely that needs to come out
first. I tried an ajustable pin wrench, but that's not going to work
in amongst the trunnion assembly -- not space to navigate. The 1/2"
sockets I have are too "thick" to fit. I have yet to find a 24mm
3/8" socket.