Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default 90 amps for electric car charge!

wrote:
On Feb 18, 12:07 am, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 2/17/2010 1:00 PM Michael A. Terrell spake thus:

Bob F wrote:

The permits are the city, the power utility is the city. What's
laughable?

I've never lived anywhere where "the power utility is the city", so
you are laughable.

You've never heard of municipal power companies? Lessee, not far from
where I live, Palo Alto, Sacramento, and several others I can't
think of just at the moment run their own power systems within their
cities. Marin County just decided to set up a county-wide power
authority. So yes, in many places "the power utility is the city".

Now who's laughing?

I guess we still are laughing because the real issue was that the
poster claimed utilities are routinely notified by residential
customers when they add significant loads to their homes. First he
claimed it was required of homeowners by utilities directly. Then he
claimed it was because you had to get a permit for electrical work.
Then he claimed that because his electric utility happens to be run by
the municipality, that when you get an electric permit, that counts as
notifying the utility.

I only relayed what I was told by the city inspector or the utility worker (not
sure which). OK - they must be liers.