Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default 90 amps for electric car charge!

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 2/17/2010 1:00 PM Michael A. Terrell spake thus:

Bob F wrote:

The permits are the city, the power utility is the city. What's
laughable?

I've never lived anywhere where "the power utility is the city",
so you are laughable.

You've never heard of municipal power companies? Lessee, not far from
where I live, Palo Alto, Sacramento, and several others I can't think
of just at the moment run their own power systems within their cities.
Marin County just decided to set up a county-wide power authority. So
yes, in many places "the power utility is the city".

Now who's laughing?

Yeah, but that's California where the word for government ownership of the
means of production is "normal."

Now my city owns the water system - and makes a small profit. The real
reason for city ownership, I've been told, is so the city can keep up with
buildings and so forth for tax purposes.