Posted to uk.d-i-y
JimK[_2_] JimK[_2_] is offline

Default ceramic 1/4 turn tap query

On Feb 18, 10:24 am, JimK wrote:
On Feb 18, 10:17 am, RobertL wrote:

On Feb 18, 9:32 am, JimK wrote:

have a kitchen mixer (Bristan I think) installed abt 5yrs ago.
recently cold water flow has been reducing (hot fine 3bar!). This
morning cold is only a trickle - hot still fine.....

(both h&c supplied by a 3bar pump, rest of house unaffected)

Had a quick google most 1/4 turn queries are about dripping etc -
anyone had this low/no flow prob before? any pointers where I'm
heading? new cartridge? something else?

thanks for any tips
JimK

Is there a mesh filter somewhere that has got clogged? I had
something similar and found that there was a mesh filter on the tap
inlet clogged with little bits of bosswhite fro ma job elsewhere in
the house!

Robert

that's a good idea - I'll check - twas a long while ago!!
ta
JimK

well just investigated further and decided to try and backflush any
crap back from tap and then out of a wash/mc tap on same leg of
pipework....took a few goes but something moved....

However when flushing the wm tap with full pressure cold supply
restored all was going well til I heard and felt *something" in the
pipe *move* and reduce the flow to the wm tap?? WTF is in there? and
how to get it out?!
Cheers
JimK