Posted to alt.home.repair
krw[_5_] krw[_5_] is offline

Default Need indicator light in the mailbox to see if anything is inside

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 15:52:43 -0800 (PST), Ron
wrote:

On Feb 17, 6:39*pm, krw wrote:
On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 23:04:15 -0800 (PST), Ron
wrote:

On Feb 16, 11:55 pm, krw wrote:
On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 19:33:15 -0800 (PST), Ron
wrote:

On Feb 16, 8:32 pm, krw wrote:
On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 15:44:37 -0800 (PST), Ron
wrote:

On Feb 12, 1:19 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
"...the postal service may stop delivering mail if your box
doesn't have a red flag. The flag directs the person-person (used to
be mailman) to pick up outgoing mail. "

I'm not arguing as much as I'm questioning the logic here.

Why would the person-person stop *delivering* mail just because he
didn't know if the customer had any mail to be picked-up? On days when
there is nothing to be picked up (s)he's still obligated to deliver
what's in the bag.

If the box doesn't have a flag, the box doesn't conform to government
regulations. If the box is non-conforming, the postal service may decline to
service it.

What about all of those mail boxes that are attached to the wall
beside the front door? What about those people that still use a
mailslot in their front doors? Give me a break.

Those are clearly a separate issue. The fact is that the
specifications for mail boxes are pretty strict. They are not
required to deliver to a non-conforming box, whether it be on the
house, by the road, or in a common area.

It's not a separate issue.

It *certainly* is.

The OP said; "the postal service may stop delivering mail if your box
doesn't have a red flag" and "If the box doesn't have a flag, the box
doesn't conform to government regulations"

He was *clearly* talking about a curbside box. He is correct.

That is complete bull****, period.

The bull **** here is between your ears. Grow up, kid.

Kid? LMFAO!

Only a prepubescent kid in public school would have a sense of logic
as bad as, or read as poorly as do you.

Provide a link from the USPS that states that you will NOT have your
mail delivered to your home unless your mailbox has a "red flag"
attached to it, which is what was stated.

Also, there are "curbside" mailboxes right in my own neighbor that are
surrounded in brick and mortar with NO red flag. They still get their
mail delivered. What about that, Mr Knowitall????

Your logic is awful (no changes here). *They aren't *required* to be
hard asses, but they can be. *Because they don't follow regulations to
the letter doesn't mean they can't.

Provide a link from the USPS that states that you will NOT have your
mail delivered to your home unless your mailbox has a "red flag"
attached to it, which is what was stated.

I see you still insist on flunking elementary logic and remedial
reading. You *must* be a prepubescent public school kid.

Hint: It has nothing to do with the flag.