Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default 90 amps for electric car charge!

Bob F wrote:

Just as I said. The power utility told me they need to know about
major additions. They said if I added something large, and they did
not know, I could be responsible for damage to the transformer. I
assumed that they generally got the info from the permit process,
since a permit is required for any electrical addition.

I used to work as a programmer for a company that monitored electric loads
for smaller power companies, typically Rural Electric Cooperatives. One of
the selling points of our software was the administrators would be better
able to correct transformer loading. One director told our sales
representative:

"What's to monitor? If a transformer blows, we replace it with a bigger one.
End of story."