Posted to uk.d-i-y
Invisible Man[_2_] Invisible Man[_2_] is offline

Default OT Road tax for 2 days

On 17/02/2010 22:47, dennis@home wrote:

"george [dicegeorge]" wrote in message

I did that with the daughters car when we met at Warwick services and
I brought it up to Preston to get an MOT and looked at for a water leak.
Garage owner laughed his head of, but agreed there was nothing the
police could do about it, because it was on its way for a pre booked
MOT. The law does not stipulate were, or how far away, the MOT
station should be. It passed, with no recommendation's, by the way.

Dave

I did this for many years when I lived in a bus (which had insurance
but no tax.)
When eviction / site moving time came,
book an MOT,
go for MOT,
pass or fail,

You do understand the difference between driving a car with no MOT and
driving an MOT failure?
Check that your insurance is valid if you are driving an un-roadworthy car.

return to new site.

[g]

Probably time I apologised for starting an OT subject. I did however
have no idea it would lead to the old MoT/unroadworthiness/insurance
discussion.
I suppose I could get out my angle grinder and take it to the dealer in
pieces, stick it back together with body filler and the WD40 must come
in somewhere.
Will probably get the dealer to sign for the car on the 28th so it is no
longer my car when the tax is due. Hoping the same dealer will collect
our other car for service on the 2nd and give me a lift to pick up the
new one.