Posted to alt.home.repair

Default #7 screw?

Christopher Nelson wrote:
I have a wall fixture that's held up with two machine screws. I'm
changing the way it's mounted and need shorter screws. But the screws
are smaller than a #8/32 and bigger than a #6/32. I even tried metric
and couldn't find a match. What size might this be?

You could use a Klein triple tap tool to cut 8/32 threads into the holes
and use any length 8/32 screws you want. The tool isn't that expensive
and you would find it to be one of the most useful tools in your
collection. Besides most wire strippers have threaded holes in them for
cutting standard screws without deforming the threads.

http://tinyurl.com/ye86tml

TDD