Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair

Default 90 amps for electric car charge!

On Feb 16, 12:38*pm, Mark wrote:
You have a choice. * In his hypothetical case of several homes sharing
a transformer, you can either design for worst case or ignore it. *The
latter could very well result in the transformer overloading and the
homes being without power.

It puts me in awe of the power of gasoline when you consider that the
equivalent POWER flow through an ordinary filling station hose at the
gas station when you fill up your car is measured in MEGAWATTS!!!

Mark

Right now it's not an even comparison. But I think you'll all agree
we're closer to the end of reasonably priced gas than we are from the
beginning. No matter how much you think is left it's definitely a
finite resource. On the other hand there are all sorts of potential
new sources of electricity. Many that are of limited practicality
right now have potential to become more practical either because of
technology improvements or just volume increase. Most are "green" and
do not add to the carbon dioxide load. Like it or not the days of
gasoline powered transportation are numbered.