Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Default 45-degree diagonal cutters?

In article ,
Wild_Bill wrote:
My Channelock side cutters and several other wire cutters I own have cut
lots of nails, been used to pull nails and large steel staples, even at
the tips of the cutting edges, without damage to the tools. I don't try
to cut drywall screws with them, or twist drills, or endmills. They
still cut stranded or solid copper wire and cables just fine, and nylon
cord or steel coat hanger wire or any other materials that I need them
to cut, essentially like they were still new.

The only attention that these cutters and pliers have needed in many
years of use, is an occasional 1 or 2 drops of oil at the hinge, and
proper storage.

There's no need, or point for any typical hostile anarchist replies. I
don't play these games.

Shear type cutters would have to be vastly heavier to cut wire etc - they
have a tendency to spring open when doing this. Bolt cutters are simply a
heavy duty version of side cutters.

--
*People want trepanners like they want a hole in the head*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.