Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default 45-degree diagonal cutters?

I'm not playing this game, but you're entirely incorrect that there are no
hand tool cutters that are capable of, or intended to withstand the cutting
forces of steel.

Cotter pins, safety lockwire, steel fence wire and various other steel wire
products are routinely cut with hand tool diagonal cutters or wire cutters
that are not specifically made for copper or aluminum only.
Many quality wiring pliers/crimpers/strippers include screw cutters, that
cut steel screws without any damage to the tool.

The cutters don't have to be big Channelock, Klein or other industrial duty
models.
I have miniature cutters that I've cut steel wire with for many years
without damage, and have also been used to cut small springs. The cutting
edges are unharmed.

My Channelock side cutters and several other wire cutters I own have cut
lots of nails, been used to pull nails and large steel staples, even at the
tips of the cutting edges, without damage to the tools.
I don't try to cut drywall screws with them, or twist drills, or endmills.
They still cut stranded or solid copper wire and cables just fine, and nylon
cord or steel coat hanger wire or any other materials that I need them to
cut, essentially like they were still new.

The only attention that these cutters and pliers have needed in many years
of use, is an occasional 1 or 2 drops of oil at the hinge, and proper
storage.

There's no need, or point for any typical hostile anarchist replies. I don't
play these games.

--
Cheers,
WB