Posted to alt.home.repair
Brent[_3_] Brent[_3_] is offline

Default How do you create a PDF by copying a page in an HP printer/copier?

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 05:36:57 +0000 (UTC), Brent wrote:

How do you create a PDF by copying a page in an HP printer/copier?

It wasn't easy, and it took two days, but thanks to you, I can write how to
scan color files to PDF on an HP laserjet 3200m black and white printer.

1. SAVE the original CD that comes with the HP 3200m printer!!!!!!

Note: Step 1 cannot be stressed enough; HP TWAIN drivers are not on the HP
web site! You can ONLY get the TWAIN drivers by calling HP support or by
finding a CDROM on the Internet (which I found out at
http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/...hreadId=950340
).

2. Once you install the HP TWAIN drivers, then (and only then), obtain and
install a copy of scan2PDF 1.7 freeware.

3. Simply place the document(s) in the HP printer feed tray to be scanned
and press the scan button on scan2PDF (after selecting the HP printer as
your scan source).

4. When scanning is done, simply press the scan2PDF save button to save the
scanned documents as a PDF file.

Voila!