Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.periphs.printer,alt.comp.freeware
Brent[_3_] Brent[_3_] is offline

Default How do you create a PDF by copying a page in an HP printer/copier?

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 15:42:43 -0500, aemeijers wrote:

BTDT, usually on a second-hand printer

I don't know what BTDT means but thanks for clarifying.

Yes, I lost the original HP TWAIN driver CDROM after changing PCs and
moving a couple of times.

While "printer" drivers are easy to find, I thought (like others did) that
HP "scanner" drivers could just as easily be downloaded from the HP web
site http://www.hp.com/support/lj3200

Sad to say, there are NO TWAIN drivers for the scanner on HP's web site!

From the Warren Block pointer, I finally found a posted huge 271 MB zip
file of the ancient HP CDROM on the Internet (dated 2000 whereas I bought
my laserjet for $650 new back in 2001).

It's still not scanning to PDF but at least the scan2pdf freeware
application is recognizing the scanner! (success almost at last)

Note to self:
If I had known that it was nearly impossible to find HP scanner drivers, I
would have archived the CDROM in a safety deposit box at the bank!