Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.freeware
Brent[_3_] Brent[_3_] is offline

Default How do you create a PDF by copying a page in an HP printer/copier?

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 09:34:37 -0000, UnsteadyKen wrote:

Have you gone into the bios and set the parallel port to 'enhanced' or
'Bi-directional' operation, or tried a USB connection?

I'm hoping to stay away from the BIOS. There is only one USB port on my
laptop so I keep it only for the keyboard and mouse (which is attached to
the USB on the keyboard).

I'll stick with the serial port which it has been using since 2001.

Hopefully I won't have to mess with the BIOS just to get scanning done.
I did finally download the HP scanner software (whew!) and am testing it
now.