Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.text.pdf,alt.comp.freeware
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default How do you create a PDF by copying a page in an HP printer/copier?

hr(bob) wrote:
On Feb 14, 4:04 pm, aemeijers wrote:
hr(bob) wrote:
On Feb 14, 2:58 pm, Brent beemdoub...@Use-Author-Supplied-
Address.invalid wrote:
Hours later, I try again, and get a teeny tiny bit farther:
1. I go herehttp://tinyurl.com/y9m742c
2. I select the download button for the
hp LaserJet 3200 firmware update utility
3. It tries to get this fileftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software1/lj623/lj-2479-2/lj623en.exe
4. But the error message invariably is
The server at ftp.hp.com is taking too long to respond.
Likewise with the "hp LaserJet 3200 PCL 5e driver" atftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software1/lj563/lj-5504-1/lj563en.exe
Can anyone else get these HP software driver URLs?
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/softwar...lj623en.exeftp...
Try getting/downloading the driver from a neighbor's computer and then
transfer it to your computer as an e-mail attachment or on a memory
stick.

You must have really friendly and trusting neighbors out your way....

--
aem sends....- Hide quoted text -

I would trust my life with most of my neighbors. They are a great
bunch of folks, have known them for at least 15 years and gone thru
births, deaths and marriages during that time.

I don't even know most of my neighbor's names, and have never been in
their houses....
Nothing against them, mind you, it just never came up. We nod and wave
when we are out on our respective evening walks, one guy borrowed my
ladder once (which I happily lent, since he surprised me with a cleared
driveway a couple times before I bought my snow blower), and we shoot
the breeze when a house goes vacant, and all gather for the realtor open
house. But we don't really socialize. Only reason I think some of them
even have computers, is because my router shows them banging on the
door.... (Not on purpose, I'm sure- just typical big-box promiscuous
wireless setups.)

Guess I got stand-offish living in apartments all those decades, what
with the constant turnover, and too-tight quarters. But having an
old-fashioned neighborhood like you do is a very nice thing....

--
aem sends...