Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Metal curtain track?

In message , Tim Watts
writes
Hi,

I need some, hand bendable, no cords and mentally strong (hence the metal).
And around 30-40 quid ish for a 80cm deep by 180cm long bay window, 2 bends,
90 degrees. No valence fancy stuff - just simple track. Poles are out as I
want 2 curtains round the bay, not 4...

Any recommendations?

I like the look of these on paper:

http://www.picturehanging.com/curtain-rail.shtml
Haven't confirmed if it's bendable yet.

Or these:

http://www.curtainsware.com/id21.html

Basically, I'm after smooth action, simple, last forever and not mind
irregular fixings about 40cm apart(I'm going into the ceiling rafters and
they aren't absolutely regular, but will give the best long term fixing).

Curtain rails are a black art (the old 4 quarters choice matrix of "crap/not
crap vs expensive/not expensive) so recommendations of specific brands would
be very useful

Go to it Tonto

My bay is 135 degrees about 2 and a bit metres and the rail has just
broken out of the clips (heavy curtains)

So I'm looking for the same thing

--
geoff