Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default How do you create a PDF by copying a page in an HP printer/copier?

Brent wrote:
On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 19:37:53 -0500, wrote:

It is pretty easy to find drivers on HP website - need model name and
number.

While it's easy to "find" the drivers, it's frustratingly impossible to
actually DOWNLOAD them from the HP web site!

I have been trying for two days to simply download a single driver off the
HP web site for the WinXP LaserJet 3200m and failed every time.

Can ANYONE download that driver off the HP web site?
http://tinyurl.com/ye47hqk

I just downloaded the original driver on my clunky, slow dialup
connection. Took about a minute. I can't imagine what you are doing
wrong in downloading, unless your firewall or super busy traffic blocked
the download.

One of the help documents for your printer says that the default format
for scan-to-email is PDF.....have your tried that?
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...tI D=bpl08525

If your printer is 8 years old, you may have different versions of
stuff, like OCR or Acrobat, that aren't compatible. I've had 3 HP
printers and never had trouble getting them to do what I want. Canon
Cannoscan, about 6 mos old, about $80, does everything...scan and save
in many resolutions and formats, including PDF. Can't edit the PDF, of
course, in Acrobat Reader. Tried your scan-to-email to see if PDF works
that way?

There is a bunch of downloadables at the link below, including "Point
and Print Bundle", whatever the heck that is:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...5&swEnvOID=228