Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.freeware
Brent[_3_] Brent[_3_] is offline

Default How do you create a PDF by copying a page in an HP printer/copier?

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 07:24:38 -0600, Airman Basic wrote:

Seems to work here. Perhaps you need to try a different browser?

What exact link did you try?

This link does not work for me on multiple computers and on two browsers
(IE 8 and Firefox 3.6 on Windows XP SP3).

It just times out, time after time. I just did it again (see below).

Here's what happens when I go to the HP download driver process:
1. Start at HP support: http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html
2. Enter: "LaserJet 3200m"
3. That brings me he http://tinyurl.com/yhn6y3z
4. Press: "Download drivers and software"
5. Press: "HP LaserJet 3200m All-in-One Printer"
6. Which brings me he http://tinyurl.com/yloqjax
7. Press "Microsoft Windows XP"
8. Opens the LaserJet 3200m driver page: http://tinyurl.com/y9m742c

I'm not sure which driver is the one I need for the scanner but I haven't
updated the firmware so I tried that first:
a) Click on "Download" for "hp LaserJet 3200 firmware update utility"
b) Waiting for h20000.www2.hp.com...
c) Transferring data from h20000.www2.hp.com...

And then it times out.

I think the driver I need for the scanner might be embedded he
a) Click on "hp LaserJet 3200 firmware update utility"
b) Same "waiting for" and "transferring data"
c) But nothing gets downloaded

It finally times out.

I don't see how there's anything on my side stopping it (ActiveX is all
enabled on the IE browser and popups are enabled on both browsers).

Are you sure you were able to download the driver?
What is the file name & file size that you eventually downloaded?