Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need indicator light in the mailbox to see if anything is inside

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 18:51:23 -0600, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 05:26:24 +0000 (UTC), Judy Zappacosta
wrote:

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 19:45:18 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03 wrote:

The entire neighborhood is a mixture of just about every type of
receptacle you can think of, *except* for boxes on posts with flags.

When I google for a similar mailbox as mine, I find plenty of the type I
have that do NOT have any flag.

This one, for example, looks kind of like mine (but I don't have a lock on
mine):
http://www.mailboxnet.com/column_mai...pillar_600.jpg

It's all metal so anything that indicates mail inside can't be purely on an
electrical circuit.

How about a touch switch that comes on when someone touches the box.
Reset it when you've opened the box.

How about an electrocution device if anyone but me or the mail carrier
touches the box? lol