Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Need indicator light in the mailbox to see if anything is inside

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 05:05:24 +0000 (UTC), Judy Zappacosta
wrote:

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 19:45:18 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03 wrote:

I live in an area where *nobody* has flags. Our mail boxes
are at the houses and there is basically no conformance of any kind.

I used to live in a place like that. Nobody had flags. Some had mail slots
in the garage door. Others had a black plastic mailbox next to the front
door on the outside wall.

None had flags.

What we used to do was use one of those black office clips to clip outgoing
mail on the OUTSIDE of the mailbox so that the postperson knew there was
mail.

I've lived in a place like that. Around here, it's the older
neighborhoods. Where I am now, we have rural-type mailboxes at the
street. Also, sometimes the carrier DOESN'T stop when the flag is up.

In reality it didn't work well becausae if they didn't have any mail, they
never even looked to see if we had mail waiting for them so we gave up
eventually and put outgoing mail only in the blue boxes on the street.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"How could you ask me to believe in God when there's
absolutely no evidence that I can see?" -- Jodie Foster