Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need indicator light in the mailbox to see if anything is inside

If you make a clear backed mail box (excellent
idea). Please buy some of the diagonal reflective
tape sold at trucking places. Put that on the
inside floor of your mail box, so that you won't
be straining to see if that white in the box is
the mailbox, or a similar colored letter.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"aemeijers" wrote in message

Anybody make a clear mailbox, or one with clear
panels on top and on the
back, so you can look out the window with
binoculars and tell if mail is
in there? I suppose you could blacksmith a metal
box- add a swath of
semi-clear (so people driving by can't see in)
across the top, or an LED
light powered from the landscape lights in OP's
case. Then add a window
in the back.

Personally, it is a moot point for me. I'm almost
never home when the
mail is delivered. I just approach from that
direction (tiny loop road
subdivision), and check it as I get home.

--
aem sends...