Posted to alt.home.repair
JKevorkian JKevorkian is offline

Default How do you create a PDF by copying a page in an HP printer/copier?

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 05:36:57 +0000 (UTC), Brent
wrote:

How do you create a PDF by copying a page in an HP printer/copier?

I have the HP 3200m B&W laser printer/copier which is not a flatbed but a
"regular" printer/copier that accepts paper sheets fed into it.

Do I need special software to copy to a PDF on the computer?

I lost the original HP driver disk long ago but can download the drivers if
that's what I need to copy-to-pdf.

Or is there "special" WinXP PC software that allows a printer copy to be
converted to a PDF?

You need a program that will create a .pdf file from the scanned image. Adobe
Acrobat is the most widely known, but it'll cost ya. You can get a freeware
program called PDF Creator from:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfc...p.exe/download

You scan your document and select "Print to PDF" (or something to that effect),
and name the created file and save it.