Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.freeware
Zaphod[_2_] Zaphod[_2_] is offline

Default How do you create a PDF by copying a page in an HPprinter/copier?

On Feb 13, 7:25*pm, Brent beemdoub...@Use-Author-Supplied-
Address.invalid wrote:
On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 23:28:27 -0800, Craig wrote:
Download and install a "pdf printer" and you'll be able to save anything
as a pdf. *

I'm not trying to print to PDF.

I'm trying to scan to PDF from an HP 3200m laserjet printer.

I tried all the scan2pdf programs listed but none worked because none could
find the printer as a scanner.

Each time they asked to select the scanner device, they all hung and did
not see the printer.

Funny though. The printer works fine as a printer so it's connected to the
WinXP PC by the serial port.

I wonder if there is some trick to get the Windows XP PC to recognize the
HP 3200m printer as a scanner?

The print to PDF is a way to print a file to a PDF file .. it's
strange terminology but it gets past some legal issues I believe.

If you have Open Office it lets you save to PDF, place the image into
a page and click the button "Save Copy To PDF"
I do this often for my resume and it works well.