Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.text.pdf,alt.comp.freeware
Craig[_4_] Craig[_4_] is offline

Default How do you create a PDF by copying a page in an HP printer/copier?

On 02/12/2010 10:36 PM, Melissa Andrade wrote:
Not all are free though but freeware probably won't work for anything
useful anyway.

Wow. That was a funny thing to say, considering where you cross-posted.

Download and install a "pdf printer" and you'll be able to save anything
as a pdf. There are a lot of good, free ones around but I'm most
familiar with pdf creator at http://www.pdfforge.org/. It's free and
open source so you can use it legally for private and commercial purposes.

After installation, pdf creator will look like any other printer on your
system. Just open the file that you saved and select "print." The
print dialog pops up and you'll see "pdf creator" as one printer option.
Choose that and away you go.

One caveat. During install, PDF Creator give you the option of opting
out from installing a "browser toolbar." I recommend you do that.
Unclick it and the toolbar will not install.

hth,
--
-Craig