Posted to alt.home.repair
Judy Zappacosta Judy Zappacosta is offline

Default Need indicator light in the mailbox to see if anything is inside

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 19:07:57 -0800 (PST), Jack Hammer wrote:

I want to know how the mail sits in the mail box.
Does it lay down flat or on it's side ?
Also is this mail box in a sunny location?

The mail box looks pretty much like this one (but without the lock):
http://www.altocontracting.com/Mail%20Box%20Pillar1.JPG

The mail is almost always flat (the box is rather shallow).

Sunny? It's in a shaded area. Trees and a hill overhang it but the road is
in front so the sun can get through.

I'm not sure why this matters but I'm intrigued now.