Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.snail-mail
Judy Zappacosta Judy Zappacosta is offline

Default Need indicator light in the mailbox to see if anything is inside

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:19:06 -0600, HeyBub wrote:

If the box doesn't have a flag, the box doesn't conform to government
regulations. If the box is non-conforming, the postal service may decline to
service it.

They deliver my mail fine.

I never put outgoing mail in the mailbox to be taken.

So, I can live without the red flag (although it would be nice to have
one).

I went to Lowes today to look again for just the red flag but they don't
sell it standalone.

But the more important thing is to figure out how I can tell if mail is
inside the mailbox.

I was thinking something like the little red light that is on the garage
door. If that beam is broken, there's an indicator that turns on outside.

Seems like a general enough request that others would have resolved it by
now. Or, does everyone always look in their mailbox every day even when
there's no mail inside?