Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default Extending a wall

On Feb 12, 10:07*am, Andrew May wrote:
I need to extend an internal wall but only by about four inches. It
sticks out into a kitchen and needs to be a bit longer to reduce the
doorway gap. It is built from some form of concrete block, more a cinder
block than thermalite and the end of each alternate row is a single
upended brick. The finished wall will be plastered. As far as I can see
there are several alternatives.

1 – Cement an additional column of upended bricks to the end.

2 – Chip out the upright bricks and cement in bits of thermalite block
so it continues to be interlocking.

3 – Screw a piece of timber to the end with spacer pieces to ensure it
is in the right position. Infill with brick/cement. Then put gauze over
the new section before plastering.

4 – As 3 but hack off all the plaster and plasterboard in one go.

What does the team think would provide the best solution.

Andrew

None of the above.

For 4" just do it all in timber.

MBQ