Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default Any non-food use for olive oil?

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 23:41:53 +0000, Frank Erskine wrote:

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 16:26:16 -0600, Jules
wrote:

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 19:53:58 +0000, Piers Finlayson wrote:
I wouldn't put dodgy smelling old olive oil in my ear, but I have put
nice fresh olive oil in there when I needed to clear out wax.

Isn't this another one of those situations where the new preferred tool of
2010, the pressure washer, comes in handy?

Nah - it's the job of WD-40 followed by the angle grinder. After all,
WD-40 was designed specifically for this purpose. "WD" stands for Wax
Dissolver.

Heck, send that into them and see if they'll list it as one of their uses
on the website!

You can then repair the eardrum with a mixture of car body filler,
self-levelling compound and dilute PVA.

Don't forget to carve yourself a new ear from a nice bit of oak.