Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Creating the Cauls

Rigidity is everything... That;s what she said.

On Feb 10, 9:45*am, " wrote:
On Feb 10, 11:35*am, ExtremelyAvg wrote:

I have built a set of cauls for gluing up boards. *My projects all
revolve around building jigs and benches for woodworking, as I feel
like it is good practice.

http://bit.ly/da9SBX

I hope you enjoy it.

When I made my cauls I was worried that separated sides would bend
(twist) more than they would if the two pieces were glued directly
together, so forgo the "infinitely" adjustable separation between
bolts. *I put the panels to be glued at one end and then supplement
the more distant bolt with a clamp over the panel. *I'd make the cauls
even thicker, if I did it again. *Rigidity is everything.