Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Jerry - OHIO Jerry - OHIO is offline

Default Stupid mistake.. info for new turners

Now I gotta go buy a chin guard !!!
I also have a long beard,I keep getting rapped up in my screw guns.
One day I was turning a bowl and found a crack in the wall, so I put a
band clamp around the outside so I could finish the inside.Dam if I
didn't get some beard under the clamp.Luckily my belt was loose on my
lathe ,when I hit start it jerked about a dozen hairs off my chin.
My wife wanted me to were a jock strap on my chin after that. Now I put
it in a pony tail and tuck it down my shirt on my chest.
So far I sawed into both thumbs and a middle finger ,got the other
middle finger smacked by a snow blower inpeller when the chute got
plugged up,almost lost that one !!The other three I just taped up
NOW I am more carfull and I stopped drinking, so much !!!! least when
I'm neer anything with a motor on it.

Jerry

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutc...oodWorkingPage

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/1974RuppCentair