Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Any non-food use for olive oil?

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 16:26:16 -0600, Jules
wrote:

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 19:53:58 +0000, Piers Finlayson wrote:
I wouldn't put dodgy smelling old olive oil in my ear, but I have put
nice fresh olive oil in there when I needed to clear out wax.

Isn't this another one of those situations where the new preferred tool of
2010, the pressure washer, comes in handy?

Nah - it's the job of WD-40 followed by the angle grinder. After all,
WD-40 was designed specifically for this purpose. "WD" stands for Wax
Dissolver.

You can then repair the eardrum with a mixture of car body filler,
self-levelling compound and dilute PVA.

None of this new-fangled stuff for me, TYVM.

--
Frank Erskine