Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default So Where Are All These Unemployed People?

Stormin Mormon wrote:
The economic recovery and low unemployment didn't
materialize. Congress spent money like drunken liberal
sailors, and Uncle Bammy signed off on the spending. Now,
the economy is a mess, and the middle class is being over
taxed. And it's all George W. Bush's fault. That's Uncle
Bammy's story, and he's sticking to it.

Most nearly all the USA is in major financial strain, and
there is no relief in sight. Inflation is likely to happen
soon. Brother, can you spare a thousand bucks for a cup of
hot chocolate?

I'm tired of Americans crying in their soup, blaming pols for what they
have done to themselves. First, they dedicated 10 years to examining
Bill Clinton's sex life when there were scads of vital issues, like
terrorism, being ignored. Too many voters voting one issue or voting
their religion. Buying imports by the billions and billions of dollars,
knowing jobs were bleeding out of the US and going overseas. Getting in
hock up to their eyeballs and then burning up home equity to pay debts.

The experts/gods/economists have been harping about America's dismal
personal savings rates....been talking about that at least 30 years.
Banks don't have money to loan...DUH! Once we all got a few shares of
stocks in 401k's, we all started voting like corporate board members.
Yeh, I want my stock to earn more so, sure, send those jobs to India or
Malaysia or Mexico...I want profit at any cost.

Terrorism isn't going to matter much if drugs keep pouring through our
borders, but at least many will be dying happier with whatever they put
up their noses or in their veins.

Four weeks after the worst disaster in our hemisphere, the big news is
Sarah Palin and the Super Bowl commercials. Oh, and Michael Jackson
again. What was it he died of?